Friday, November 14, 2008

San Francisco Ballet



Rather than cram into the movie theatre to see the new James Bond movie, Ben and I opted to see San Francisco Ballet at 75: The American Tour. I finally found a seat in the Orange County Performing Arts Center that I like. The bottom of Tier 2 in the center of the theatre. The problem with OCPAC is that there is not a single good seat in Tier 1 and unless you're in the first fifteen rows of the Orchestra section, you cannot see the stage. Tier 2 is closer to the stage than 3/4 of the Orchestra section and you get a straight-on view of the whole stage. Fabulous! I loved the music and the dancers were amazing. Sofiane Sylve is now a Principle with SFB. I had no idea but I'm not surprised-- she is wonderful. What a treat it was to watch her dance! Check out her amazing pirouettes below!



Photo by Erik Tomasson